Question about the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

foroneaudience

Foroneaudience
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question...it might be a dumb one. Someone told me that when you take the PCAT your score is calculated on everyone that has EVER taken it. But another person also told me that it's only based on the people that took it at the same I did. Which is true? Thanks!
 
foroneaudience said:
I have a question...it might be a dumb one. Someone told me that when you take the PCAT your score is calculated on everyone that has EVER taken it. But another person also told me that it's only based on the people that took it at the same I did. Which is true? Thanks![/QUOTE

Your Composite percentile is the percentage of people you beat in the norm group. In this case, the norm group is first-time examinees who took the PCAT between 1998 and 2003. So both people told you incorrect info.
 
I have heard that it's based on the scores of all first time test takers from March of 2003 or something like that. It's not just based on those taking it the same day, I know that. .... Moving to PCAT forum. 🙂
 
ndearwater,
Percentile scores are based on all first time test takers from oct98 through march03. It says this on the test booklet you get from harcourt and on their website. You as a mod should not be throwing info out there unless you know what you are talking about.
DR