Question about the PGSP PhD Clinical Psych Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UMAPsych

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any information about the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Clinical Psych PhD Program???

Is it respected???

Is it really expensive (seems like there are no assistantships)??

Anything????

Members don't see this ad.

psisci said:
They are affiliated with Stanford, and it is a great school.

i've heard good things as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the PsyD consortium with Stanford is probabaly a good program, but I did not go visit it after finding out about the $30,000 price tag....with living expenses in Palo Alto it becomes crazy expensive.

I know someone who graduated from there (before the stanford consortium) and now works in Neurology in UCSF.

In the end I applied to the Wright Institute in the East Bay b/c it was more reasonably priced.

vesper9 said:
I think the PsyD consortium with Stanford is probabaly a good program, but I did not go visit it after finding out about the $30,000 price tag....with living expenses in Palo Alto it becomes crazy expensive.

I know someone who graduated from there (before the stanford consortium) and now works in Neurology in UCSF.

In the end I applied to the Wright Institute in the East Bay b/c it was more reasonably priced.

what about the PhD program?? Is it the same price?

Jon Snow said:
professional, stand alone graduate school of psychology = bad.

I totally disagree. If you are looking to go into academia, then it might matter, but if you are more interested in focusing on clinical work, then there is nothing wrong with a professional school, particularly one that is APA accredited.

UMAPsych said:
Does anyone know any information about the Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Clinical Psych PhD Program???

Is it respected???

Is it really expensive (seems like there are no assistantships)??

Anything????

Hi, first post here....

One of my collegues went to PGSP and she seems to be satisfied with her training and experience there.

It IS expensive, though. Any professional school in the Bay Area will be.