question about time frame

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If my application and LOR are ready in July but don't take my mcats until first week of august--> 1 month to process, so I'll be complete in Sept. Is this considered late? Should I move up my Mcat to middle of July, will it make a difference?

Members don't see this ad.

If my application and LOR are ready in July but don't take my mcats until first week of august--> 1 month to process, so I'll be complete in Sept. Is this considered late? Should I move up my Mcat to middle of July, will it make a difference?

Don't take the MCAT until you are ready to take it. You should be fine if you're complete by September. Some schools (NYCOM for instance) don't even start until around October for instate, and January for OOS students. Most schools interview until April.

You always want to apply as early as possible for your best chance. If you are ready and can take it earlier I would do it. Schools for the most part do not look at you until you are complete and so you would be a bit behind and it MAY hurt you. If you apply earlier you always have a better chance.