Question about top ortho programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

celkon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What programs should I be looking at with the following. I would like to try to get into a solid residency program. I keep hearing people talk about "malignant" programs and want to avoid that.

Step 1: 265
Class Rank: 6/108
AOA membership (pretty sure I will get, based on rank, step1, other at our school)
Research: 1 Poster, 2 Other ortho research projects that might get published
Step 2: plan to take before application period
NOT a top 20 medschool

Currently a 3rd year on rotations. Where should my focus be these next two years? And what about electives/aways 4th year? Thanks for any advice, <3 you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What programs should I be looking at with the following. I would like to try to get into a solid residency program. I keep hearing people talk about "malignant" programs and want to avoid that.

Step 1: 265
Class Rank: 6/108
AOA membership (pretty sure I will get, based on rank, step1, other at our school)
Research: 1 Poster, 2 Other ortho research projects that might get published
Step 2: plan to take before application period
NOT a top 20 medschool

Currently a 3rd year on rotations. Where should my focus be these next two years? And what about electives/aways 4th year? Thanks for any advice, <3 you guys.

I am interested in the OP's questions as well. If someone could shed light on matching at "top programs" with stats like the above, BUT from a non-top 20/reputable medical school.

There's not a lot of traffic on this forum. Your best bet is to try the forums at orthogate. It's more activr