question about transcrips!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mooks1524

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying May-June..how long does it usually take for Adsaas to process my transcript and send it to my schools of choice??

Also, I am taking some summer classes this summer. Can I resend my updated transcript to adsaas? I know it wouldn't make such a big difference in my GPA, but a little increase wouldn't hurt.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying May-June..how long does it usually take for Adsaas to process my transcript and send it to my schools of choice??

6 weeks average processing time

Also, I am taking some summer classes this summer. Can I resend my updated transcript to adsaas?

There is an academic update period in Nov/Dec. At that time you can send any updates and those new grades will be recalculated in to the GPA on your app. However, nothing regarding coursework or grades will be changed in your application until that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Processing the transcripts is one of the reasons why the application take so long to get it to the schools. AADSAS has to verify it while it is being processed so get the application in ASAP when the cycle opens. I don't think recommendations take as long to get to the schools.

FOREVER!!!!! plus infiniti.

Also remember that some schools will want an official transcript directly from you so be ready to spend some more dough

It takes a while, but honestly look at the other things that schools may require (pictures, transcripts) as syrah said... And contact your schools, look really hot in your pic and send all of that stuff off when you press send!!!

On a side note... What is really the deal with the pictures? Not all schools require...

Also, I am taking some summer classes this summer. Can I resend my updated transcript to adsaas? I know it wouldn't make such a big difference in my GPA, but a little increase wouldn't hurt.

Thanks

1. Depends on the time of the year, but anywhere from 4-8 weeks.

2. You can update your coursework during the Academic update period, which opens up sometime in November.

On a side note... What is really the deal with the pictures? Not all schools require...

Many admissions people have told me it helps them put a face with the application (especially after the candidate has interviewed, where seeing a face can jog their memories).

Okay so I know I'm gonna get heckled for this but I gotta say it anyways, I personally think they use it as a "attractive" selector. Have you noticed most dental schools have a fairly decent looking group? I mean, maybe we're all just a good-looking bunch, but who knows?? If it's for knowing us when they see us, why do they ask us who we are at interviews, eh? They should know who to give the name tags to instantly, like Ms. Cleo. HA so there!!

I'm just kidding guys btw :laugh: I know some schools take the pictures and use them as your class photo; guess they like to get a head start.

Okay so I know I'm gonna get heckled for this but I gotta say it anyways, I personally think they use it as a "attractive" selector. Have you noticed most dental schools have a fairly decent looking group? I mean, maybe we're all just a good-looking bunch, but who knows?? If it's for knowing us when they see us, why do they ask us who we are at interviews, eh? They should know who to give the name tags to instantly, like Ms. Cleo. HA so there!!

I'm just kidding guys btw :laugh: I know some schools take the pictures and use them as your class photo; guess they like to get a head start.

Screening the potential dating pool? :D

"We are not only a dental school but also a sleazy dating agency.":laugh:

I personally think that this notion of associating faces to applications via passport photo is kinda of a weak justification. If a school is really interested in interviewing a candidate then they can invite him/her. Only then is it worth while to put a face to the application. Why try to do that to everybody especially those that you are going to reject right away?

I personally think they use it as a "attractive" selector. Have you noticed most dental schools have a fairly decent looking group?

I guess this is a good sign for me considering all of my interviews and acceptances were at schools that required pics. Apparently the liked what they saw. :D

If it's anything like your avatar then I def got the hots for you haha