Question about transcripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ksacayanan

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do my transcripts (PCAT & Courses Taken) for Pharmcas have to be received by Pharmcas by the deadline (I sent requests on 01/20) for my application to be okay'd because I'm looking at the School Information sections for the schools I'm applying to and it says that the Application/Transcripts must be received by February 01/ 2010.

I'm a bit confused because if it takes several weeks to process, then am I wasting my time?
 
Do my transcripts (PCAT & Courses Taken) for Pharmcas have to be received by Pharmcas by the deadline (I sent requests on 01/20) for my application to be okay'd because I'm looking at the School Information sections for the schools I'm applying to and it says that the Application/Transcripts must be received by February 01/ 2010.

I'm a bit confused because if it takes several weeks to process, then am I wasting my time?

Usually, the transcripts don't take so long to get there, it's just the GPA calculations that take forever. That has been my experience. And I am a bit confused...do you mean you sent the request on 12-20 instead of 1-20?? I called PharmCAS the other day and they said once the GPA is recalculated with your updated transcripts, they will send your application to the schools. You may want to call them on Tuesday; most of the people I've spoken to from there have been very helpful to me!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Usually, the transcripts don't take so long to get there, it's just the GPA calculations that take forever. That has been my experience. And I am a bit confused...do you mean you sent the request on 12-20 instead of 1-20?? I called PharmCAS the other day and they said once the GPA is recalculated with your updated transcripts, they will send your application to the schools. You may want to call them on Tuesday; most of the people I've spoken to from there have been very helpful to me!

Whoops! I meant I sent the transcript request for both PCAT and college coursework on 01/14. I plan to e-submit everything, pay all the fees and supplementals by 01/20. The deadline is 02/01. Do you think all my transcripts will make it to PharmCAS before the deadline?