Question about transferring into Pharm D. program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Leina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior this year and I have completed most of pre req for the premed including (Orgo, Gen Chem, Bio,) . BUT I decided to change my direction and recently started looking at pharmacy schools. As a senior it is too late to complete all of the pre reqs. that are required by most of pharmacy schools by next semester. I need some advice about what I should do.
Should I complete remaining prereqs(microbiology, communication, biochem physiology lab, statistics, econ) by doing one more semester at my currnet school or should i apply for the 6 year program and start as a freshman or would it be better to transfer into a 6year program??????

Please help me out here. Any advice would be helpful. :)Thanks~

Members don't see this ad.

Just finish up your bachelor degree and get the missing pre-reqs, then apply. If you do it the other way you will lose too much time.

Members don't see this ad :)
from reading your post, you are a senior in college right?

if thats the case your only possible option is 1. 0-6 programs are only for kids coming straight out of high school. you also cant transfer into one of those programs. Your only option would be to take the required pre reqs and apply to 3 or 4 year schools.

just wanted to make that clear. don't want you or others to try and do something that you cant.