• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

planisphere

Aug 2, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I'll be attending Temple Dental school this Fall, and I'm planning to live in the Center City area (Rittenhouse Square).
The question is, are there school buses that run between Center City and Dental school? If not, how are the subways there (I'm asking about the safety)? I'm not a library type so I'll be outside only when going to school in the morning and coming back home right after the class - then will subways be fine?
Or am I be better off with a car, even though I'll be living in Rittenhouse Square?

Thanks in advance.

About the Ads

planisphere

Aug 2, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
You guys sure subway is safe?..I just googled (http://www.wired.com/autopia/2008/04/philadelphia-re/) and

"In two weeks, a series of violent assaults rocked Philadelphia's subway system. Friday, a man was beaten by three men. Last Wednesday, a women had her teeth knocked out by a large gang, and a week before that, a gang of teenagers killed a Starbucks manager."

This is why I asked about buses - do they have routes b/w Center City and the dental school?

dentalprodigy

Mr. Awesome
10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2009
South Jersey, NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
Want peace of mind...get a car, pay allot of $ for parking....otherwise just be smart + aware of ur surroundings & buses should be fine.

As a precaution don't carry allot of cash around in your wallet, don't be a hero(if held up, give it away),....don't be stupid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Reefboss

10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2010
Status (Visible)
The Orange Line subway is going to be your best friend for the next 4years if you are living in center city. The area around Temple is not the nicest of environments, so you def don't want to leave school too too late.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.