Question about Tufts interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Polarbear85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I just had an interview at Tufts. I had Dr. Frank Shin as my interviewer. I had a weird experience: like the others has mentioned the interview is very conversational and for some reason I thought he was pulling my leg the whole time. So one of the questions he asked me (related to what I had said in my application) was that my first visit to a dentist was at the age of 21 and he was like: you never went to a dentist in 21 years, you don't deserve to become a dentist, what will you tell your patients, go back... then he told me he's just teasing me!?!?! I knit and I wrote that in my app, he asked me why didn't I bring anything with me to show him that I can actually knit... and again he said he's just teasing me. And he was teasing me so I can relax. I mean it's all fine that he was trying to see my reactions on these. I am just wondering if any of you had a similar experience with Dr. Shin. Please share because I am feeling not too good after this. I really like the school and I want to go there.
THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was there Weds, I had an international student as my interviewer who was really nice. I think I sat next to Dr Shin at lunch. He was asking me some questions and gave me some advice for my interview, so I think he was probably just trying to get you to relax. I'm sure it did not go as bad as you think. Hoping everyone gets some good news next week! Tufts was awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm going to have to agree with tinman831 on this one. i've interacted with him a few times in the clinics and at the interview room where you guys interviewed. he really probably was joking. goodluck, you will hear your results pretty soon from tufts!

thanks guys, appreciate your suggestions! :xf: :xf:for tufts.

Hi guys,

I just checked my AADSAS and it says "offer made" fom Tufts. I am soooo excited. I thought my interview wasn't very great but thankfully it worked out well. I am at work and want to share it with somebody -- and I thought to share with my fellow SDNers. You guys have been a great help. Thanks all for your suggestions and good luck to all who are still waiting...

Hi guys,

I just checked my AADSAS and it says "offer made" fom Tufts. I am soooo excited. I thought my interview wasn't very great but thankfully it worked out well. I am at work and want to share it with somebody -- and I thought to share with my fellow SDNers. You guys have been a great help. Thanks all for your suggestions and good luck to all who are still waiting...

Congratulations!