csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
For people who apply to USC, on USC website they mentioned "we highly recommend that one of the letters be from a DDS" what if the letter had been written by a DDM
Does that still fulfill the requirement ?

StumpMT

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2013
Indiana
Status
Pre-Dental
You mean a DMD? They're the same so I don't see why it wouldn't fulfill the requirement. I think what they mean is that one of your letters is written by a dentist.

OP
csudental

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
yup i meant DMD, my bad i sent them an email but no one reply!
it's not required but recommend i think you're right it's the same

OP
csudental

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
You're kidding right?
nope i get an email from my adviser from couples of days, she told me to make sure that the dentist whom i shadow has a DDS not a DMD
so i need to check!!

OP
csudental

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
i thought they maybe need a DDS letter as the school is consider a DDS and i was thinking why the admission haven't write a letter from a DDS or a DMD is recommend !
so i sent an email and still waiting to get an answer

OP
csudental

csudental

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
May 31, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
if i was the president of the school i would fired half of the advisers and couples professors
the only two mistakes i made in my life is to attend somona state and i haven't transfer to another university
now i'm stuck until graduation

2THDDS

2+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
if i was the president of the school i would fired half of the advisers and couples professors
the only two mistakes i made in my life is to attend somona state and i haven't transfer to another university
now i'm stuck until graduation
I feel the same about my professor and advisor. Students should have MORE say whether they get tenured or not.