question about usmleworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ctizzle13498

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a littled confused about something. I was doing a question on uworld about a child developing a seizure after given the DtaP vaccince. The question said, the child is due for another one, what should be done. The answer is give DT and avoid the the P bc it is most likely the cause of complications. My question is: 1) i've never seen that in any review book so 2) should i just memorize this fact and move on?

I guess when people say they do usmleworld 2 times, when i come across this question again, i'll obviously know the answer. Do questions like this get repeated on the actual step 2ck exam?

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm a littled confused about something. I was doing a question on uworld about a child developing a seizure after given the DtaP vaccince. The question said, the child is due for another one, what should be done. The answer is give DT and avoid the the P bc it is most likely the cause of complications. My question is: 1) i've never seen that in any review book so 2) should i just memorize this fact and move on?

I guess when people say they do usmleworld 2 times, when i come across this question again, i'll obviously know the answer. Do questions like this get repeated on the actual step 2ck exam?

A surprisingly substantial number of concepts such as this one get repeated in the exam. I found myself saying "thank you UWorld" when they came up - you're right, they're not in Kaplan, review books, or anywhere but UWorld, but they come up. I suspect they must receive a lot of feedback from people who took the exam and tailor their questions accordingly.

A surprisingly substantial number of concepts such as this one get repeated in the exam. I found myself saying "thank you UWorld" when they came up - you're right, they're not in Kaplan, review books, or anywhere but UWorld, but they come up. I suspect they must receive a lot of feedback from people who took the exam and tailor their questions accordingly.

thank you! i shall memorize these facts then!