question about VA rheumatology job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silentreader

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Anyone has any experience of looking for rheumatology VA job? How about the pay? I heard only 110 K?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like the ones listed on USA Jobs range from 105k-225k...not sure which end of that range is more typical!
USAJOBS - Search

Hello,

Anyone has any experience of looking for rheumatology VA job? How about the pay? I heard only 110 K?

Thanks
Many VAs don't have the volume to support a full time Rheumatologist. I would hope that any job only paying $110k is part time and you're allowed to have outside work as well.

Otherwise, given the excellent job market for Rheumatologist, why would anyone do that to themselves?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Thanks

Way off on the pay. The VA offers a base salary, and 'market pay' per the geographic area you live in.
USA jobs lists basically the base salary by itself (110) all the way up to the typical base + market pay (225), but no one actually
pays the base salary by itself.

VA rheum jobs start around 200-225 depending on your level of experience. Many VA will also offer up to a 15K bonus per year.
So you're looking at 200-240K. Generally much better paying than clinical rheum positions at academic centers and only slightly below private practice,
for working considerably less.

Reactions: 1 user