Question about Vet school app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dummybrook

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On filling out a Vet school application, I ran across a question that asked about my legal history. Instead of just asking if I have ever been convicted of a felony, it went as far as to ask if I have ever had deferred adjudication and explain the circumstances. Having a few misdeamenors in my past (3 years ago), I would like to get some advice on the best way to answer this question and if this is really going to hurt my application.
 
whether or not it hurts you I don't know, but not disclosing it is not an option (you are canned if they find out). I have been told (by admissions staff during a group session) that they are not looking to expose people's pasts, but if there is a recent and ongoing problem it calls into question that person's ethics and/or integrity, etc.

it gives you a place to explain, use it. if it needs more explanation, use the explanation section.