• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

CrazyFox

Ex-Pre-Pharmie
10+ Year Member
Feb 3, 2007
Illinois
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
It seems kind of stupid but I know that it is god to volunteer any info about that? What did you do? Where? How long?:) Thanks!!!

CaliRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Any volunteer experience is a plus! But try to volunteer at a Clinical or Retail pharmacy setting where you can actually get hands on experience. I have been working at an outpatient pharmacy for about 1 and a half year now. It is really nice to see what pharmacist do and in this way you can learn a lot from them. I hope that helps!

piyi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2007
Henderson, NV
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I volunteered at the inpatient pharmacy of the local hospital in my town. Since I was not an actual technician there, there wasn't a whole lot of real work i could actually do (like the kind of work that a real technician/pharmacist would do). So I basically shadowed the techs and pharmacists. Other times, I would put drugs away or file patients' records too. It was a good experience that helped me to see what kind of work I'd be getting into as a pharmacist or tech. I voluteered there for about five months, then got a job at a retail pharmacy.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.