1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question about volunteering

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by CrazyFox, Feb 23, 2007.

1. CrazyFox

CrazyFox Ex-Pre-Pharmie
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    It seems kind of stupid but I know that it is god to volunteer any info about that? What did you do? Where? How long?:) Thanks!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CaliRx

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Any volunteer experience is a plus! But try to volunteer at a Clinical or Retail pharmacy setting where you can actually get hands on experience. I have been working at an outpatient pharmacy for about 1 and a half year now. It is really nice to see what pharmacist do and in this way you can learn a lot from them. I hope that helps!

3. piyi

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I volunteered at the inpatient pharmacy of the local hospital in my town. Since I was not an actual technician there, there wasn't a whole lot of real work i could actually do (like the kind of work that a real technician/pharmacist would do). So I basically shadowed the techs and pharmacists. Other times, I would put drugs away or file patients' records too. It was a good experience that helped me to see what kind of work I'd be getting into as a pharmacist or tech. I voluteered there for about five months, then got a job at a retail pharmacy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...