Question about volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyFox

Ex-Pre-Pharmie
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
It seems kind of stupid but I know that it is god to volunteer any info about that? What did you do? Where? How long?:) Thanks!!!

CaliRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any volunteer experience is a plus! But try to volunteer at a Clinical or Retail pharmacy setting where you can actually get hands on experience. I have been working at an outpatient pharmacy for about 1 and a half year now. It is really nice to see what pharmacist do and in this way you can learn a lot from them. I hope that helps!

piyi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I volunteered at the inpatient pharmacy of the local hospital in my town. Since I was not an actual technician there, there wasn't a whole lot of real work i could actually do (like the kind of work that a real technician/pharmacist would do). So I basically shadowed the techs and pharmacists. Other times, I would put drugs away or file patients' records too. It was a good experience that helped me to see what kind of work I'd be getting into as a pharmacist or tech. I voluteered there for about five months, then got a job at a retail pharmacy.