Question about volunteering

Started by CrazyFox
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CrazyFox

Ex-Pre-Pharmie
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems kind of stupid but I know that it is god to volunteer any info about that? What did you do? Where? How long?🙂 Thanks!!!
 
Any volunteer experience is a plus! But try to volunteer at a Clinical or Retail pharmacy setting where you can actually get hands on experience. I have been working at an outpatient pharmacy for about 1 and a half year now. It is really nice to see what pharmacist do and in this way you can learn a lot from them. I hope that helps!
 
I volunteered at the inpatient pharmacy of the local hospital in my town. Since I was not an actual technician there, there wasn't a whole lot of real work i could actually do (like the kind of work that a real technician/pharmacist would do). So I basically shadowed the techs and pharmacists. Other times, I would put drugs away or file patients' records too. It was a good experience that helped me to see what kind of work I'd be getting into as a pharmacist or tech. I voluteered there for about five months, then got a job at a retail pharmacy.