question about writing sample

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traitorman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When given a statement, can you change how you define certain aspects of the statement?

For example, I got a statement: Advancements in communication technology have reduced the quality of human interaction.

I say the statement is valid if we define human interaction as the actual face to face contact through verbal communication.

But the opposite is true if human interaction is defined as the ability to communicate with more people.

Then the deciding factor would be how one defines human interaction.

Another one would be: In Democracy, a successful politician resembles the ordinary citizen.

Can I define a successful politician by the ability to win an election. And then change the definition in the second paragraph as to someone who is smarter than the ordinary citizen (just bs'ing here).

Then the deciding factor is how you define a successful politician.

Is this possible?

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know?

because then for all the prompts i can just say the deciding factor is how you define it.

Hello -
I would say you are correct in the way you are approaching these questions. You should be able to defend two sides of a topic and then define how you decide which is applicable or "right" for whatever situation you are in. This is a bit abstract, but I think you're on the right track for what you are trying to do. Hope this helps.

Last edited: