Question abt Bio preregs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CW 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have this question about Biology prerequisites. So, I know that most med schools require 2 semesters of everything: English, Biology, Chemistry, Orgo, and Physics. And I took all of it, except for second semester of Bio. In my local CC and University there is no such thing as Bio I and II. There is only one general Biology with lab. And then there are other Biology classes (Zoology, Microbio, etc.) Do you think it's OK to take Genetics or Cell Bio or Zoology or something else (I already took Microbio w/lab) as this second semester of Bio? Has anyone been in a situation like this? I afraid that because my transcript is not going to have 2 semesters of exactly general Bio, I will be lowering my chances. I am sorry if this seems silly, but I am kinda panicking right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. I've seen a few schools explicitly state that if Bio II isn't available, Zoology works as a substitute. I wish I could remember which schools they were, though. :(

My bio classes are Bio I, Zoology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Human Biology. No Bio II.

Oh, good! Thank you for the reply! I feel better now :)