question: Are there official forms to submit an LOR to a professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impiazza

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hiya all!
I'm new here, but have been reading alot of the posts lately, are there any official forms you need in order to submit an LOR to a professor? My professor of biology was more than happy to write one out for me, but he insisted upon sending him official forms that preserve confidentiality and he claims most dental schools require them. Anyone know what website I get these off of; I'm sure its an offical dental site...anyone have any links?
Thanks alot guys!
;)

Members don't see this ad.

http://aadsas.adea.org.

Read the entire information booklet carefully. You have to get matching forms for your LORs and for ALL your official transcripts from ALL colleges you've attended.

It also doesn't hurt to give your professors a copy of your transcript and/or a short resume so that they have some extra information to write about you. =)

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are no forms for that. I think it's just assumed. You can't request duplicate documents of anything from AADSAS, so you can't obtain a copy of the LOR that your professors send to AADSAS.

Some school asks you whether you want to retrieve the letter later on on their secondaries. You can waive your right to see the letter or somewhat. I guess that's when they find out whether it is confidential or not.