Question Bank Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GMDMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since most people seem to block out their studying schedule by subjects, when you do questions, do you restrict the bank to questions only from the material you studied that day, or do you guys just do random questions from any subject?

I'm curious because it seems like restricting your questions would be a great way to reinforce the material you're learning that day. On the other hand, I feel like I may be handicapping myself because for example if I'm doing cardio I know that each question is cardio-related and I won't be thinking outside the box much. But doing random questions I think might also slow me down because I will end up looking up material for questions I am less familiar with.

Any opinions? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i started off doing qs only by subjects and i think many also by using kaplan qbank

after i was done with that, i started UW and did them all random and timed

Since most people seem to block out their studying schedule by subjects, when you do questions, do you restrict the bank to questions only from the material you studied that day, or do you guys just do random questions from any subject?

I'm curious because it seems like restricting your questions would be a great way to reinforce the material you're learning that day. On the other hand, I feel like I may be handicapping myself because for example if I'm doing cardio I know that each question is cardio-related and I won't be thinking outside the box much. But doing random questions I think might also slow me down because I will end up looking up material for questions I am less familiar with.

Any opinions? Thanks!

I believe the questions you have are similar to the ones I had earlier.

Max helped me understand the concept of doing questions effectively. :D

You can refer to this reply he gave in an earlier thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6345473&postcount=18

:luck: