1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question: California State school's

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by tng2, Aug 19, 2011.

1. tng2

2+ Year Member

I'm from NYC and am very interested in heading out to California for PT school. When I looked at the breakdown for Cal St. schools, it said that 100% accepted were in-state students and 0% out of state on the PTCAS site. Do out of state applicants even have a chance applying to Cal St. schools?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CaFlgirl

Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
    Hey tng2! I e-mailed the directors from various schools (CSUN, CSULB, UCSF/SFSU) and both CSUN and CSULB said they do not take preference of Ca residents over out-of-state residents. UCSF, however, does give preference to Ca vs. nonCa residents. Hope that helps!

4. tng2

2+ Year Member

thanks CaFLgirl.. I really appreciate the help and you've definitely given me some hope for Cal State! It's definitely in my top 5 desired places to go being from NYC and all