Question concerning Job and Shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lev2001

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am planning to apply next cycle for DCG, which requires 300 shadowing hours. I work at a dental office with over 500 hrs under my belt as an Orthodontic Office Technician. I have shadowed my dentist in the beginning (about 200 hrs), but now he hired me. Is there a way to split my hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am planning to apply next cycle for DCG, which requires 300 shadowing hours. I work at a dental office with over 500 hrs under my belt as an Orthodontic Office Technician. I have shadowed my dentist in the beginning (about 200 hrs), but now he hired me. Is there a way to split my hours?
unpaid=shadowing
paid = employment

Reactions: 1 user
Come in on your days off and shadow. Or don't clock in and "shadow". It's fine if the shadowing comes from the same place as employment

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand this, I am just wondering if on the application you can differentiate those for the same doctor, somebody told me I can't.

I understand this, I am just wondering if on the application you can differentiate those for the same doctor, somebody told me I can't.
You can. You'll just make 2 separate entries in your application. One for the paid experience, and one for the shadowing experience.