Question concerning Job and Shadowing

Started by Lev2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lev2001

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am planning to apply next cycle for DCG, which requires 300 shadowing hours. I work at a dental office with over 500 hrs under my belt as an Orthodontic Office Technician. I have shadowed my dentist in the beginning (about 200 hrs), but now he hired me. Is there a way to split my hours?
 
Hello, I am planning to apply next cycle for DCG, which requires 300 shadowing hours. I work at a dental office with over 500 hrs under my belt as an Orthodontic Office Technician. I have shadowed my dentist in the beginning (about 200 hrs), but now he hired me. Is there a way to split my hours?
unpaid=shadowing
paid = employment
 
Come in on your days off and shadow. Or don't clock in and "shadow". It's fine if the shadowing comes from the same place as employment
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I understand this, I am just wondering if on the application you can differentiate those for the same doctor, somebody told me I can't.
 
I understand this, I am just wondering if on the application you can differentiate those for the same doctor, somebody told me I can't.
You can. You'll just make 2 separate entries in your application. One for the paid experience, and one for the shadowing experience.