phinicky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 7, 2002
dc
Visit site
Status
How much time did you spend studying for Step 2 and how many weeks off did you take for interviewing.

Thanks!!!

klubguts

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2005
the big D
Status
i studied for step 2 for about ten days (much less time and energy than step 1 studying). i had three months vacation in 4th year, took two months in dec and jan for interviewing/holidays. best of luck.

Scooby Moo

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2004
Houston, Texas
Status
Attending Physician
I studied for Step 2 during a really light elective rotation (going through practice questions for an hour per day for about a month.) That's about all the studying I could stand.

6 weeks set aside for interviews...

Good luck, phinicky. :thumbup:

Hercules

Son of Zeus
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2000
Mobile, AL
Status
Attending Physician
I spent a couple of days studying for Step 2 and just scheduled flexible rotations during interview season so I could take all of my vacation at the end of the year.

Smurfette

Gargamel always had a thing for blondes.
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
Step 2: about 2 weeks (1 week of hard core, 1 week "fluffy" studying)

Interviews: took off only December (4 weeks), but should have taken off January or part of January as well. But it's hard to anticipate when your interviews will fall...non-competitive fields have more flexible interview dates than competitive ones (where you might get only a couple dates to choose from). Ask around to find out which months your chosen field tends to interview in (i.e. early match specialties, peds, etc.)

gwyn779

stargazer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
soon to be Winston-Salem
Visit site
Status
I took July off, studied the last 2 weeks and took Step 2 at the end of the month. For interviews, I took off our Nov-Dec. block, which ended up being 7 weeks with Thanksgiving/winter breaks included. I had one interview in Oct. (at my school) and then just one other that I had to do in Jan. The other 14 I fit into the 5 weeks before winter break.

medstudent123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
not sure how wise it is, but i've heard 'study two months for step 1, two weeks for step 2, and two number 2's for step 3'

B

Blade28

I studied about 2 weeks for Step 2, right before fourth year started.