Question for ADCOMS - how much does this matter?

Started by MedChic
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedChic

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone could advise on whether this will hurt me:

I graduated from a top 30, took half my pre-reqs there.
I didn't want to pay to take post-grad classes so I took about three science classes at 2 different state school (2 because of class timing)
I went BACK to my alma mater because I wanted a letter from them and took a postbacc class and did not do to well in it (as in B- in Orgo)

So now I want to go take extra upper level science classes but I don't want to pay 10-20K, however I'm worried it would look like I'm running away from continuing the post bacc at my school because of the B- if I go BACK to the state school.

Do med schools really care? Do you think it looks shady?
 
I didn't want to pay to take post-grad classes so I took about three science classes at 2 different state school (2 because of class timing)

...

Do med schools really care? Do you think it looks shady?

Can't answer but I'm curious what the answer will be: it looks like I'm going to be in a similar boat - the first half of my prereqs are going to be split across 4 different community colleges because of class timing issues.
 
I was wondering if anyone could advise on whether this will hurt me:

I graduated from a top 30, took half my pre-reqs there.
I didn't want to pay to take post-grad classes so I took about three science classes at 2 different state school (2 because of class timing)
I went BACK to my alma mater because I wanted a letter from them and took a postbacc class and did not do to well in it (as in B- in Orgo)

So now I want to go take extra upper level science classes but I don't want to pay 10-20K, however I'm worried it would look like I'm running away from continuing the post bacc at my school because of the B- if I go BACK to the state school.

Do med schools really care? Do you think it looks shady?

Where you take your coursework doesn't matter. How well you perform in your coursework and on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) does matter. Multiple transcripts don't matter as much as your performance.
 
Where you take your coursework doesn't matter. How well you perform in your coursework and on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) does matter. Multiple transcripts don't matter as much as your performance.

Thank you. 👍