Jul 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
So, I've been working as a pharmacy technician for about 3 months now. My pharmacy manager is out on maternity leave so I didn't get a chance to ask her for a letter of recommendation. Do you think it is acceptable of me to ask my co-worker pharmacist for one? I work part time, so I still end up making dumb mistakes every now and then, but I don't want to wait until it is too late to get an LOR from a possible important source.

I did ask the store manager who also hired me and she said yes, so I do have that at the very least, but would it be better to have one from the pharmacist instead?

Thanks!

Reactions: scholarchic2004
Jul 22, 2016
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Ask the other regular pharmacists. A letter from a pharmacist will always look better and they won't really know if they are the one in charge.

Reactions: aquafire

escanoke

5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2013
Boston,MA
Status
Pharmacy Student
You don't have the pharmacist on maternity leaves email? You could articulately word the email to request the LOR while also acknowledging that it's a very busy time for her? When would you need the LOR? I think most schools require one from a health professional

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: aquafire