Question for any UF Pharm student (pre-req Course code related)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FLaCoPHaRm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking to apply to UF. Compared to NOVA and PBA, I noticed they are really specific with their pre-req courses. The courses I took at my local CC match exactly with the course codes in UF admissions but I took Human A & P courses at a private university that follow a different course code. I am wondering if that is an issue. I'll call tomorrow and check but hoping someone here would know. That would really suck. 😳
 
Hard to say, but good luck! :luck:


Thanks! I will definitely chime in when I get an answer. Hopefully they do. The website (http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/admission-requirements/) doesn't mention anything about private institutions so I am guessing it is fine. The school is accredited and all so I don't see why it wouldn't "count" as a pre-req. The reason I say this is because the they wouldn't have you finish every pre-req again after completing a BIO major in the private institution. That wouldn't be logical. I think they are just putting down the codes for public institutions because they share the same codes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I will definitely chime in when I get an answer. Hopefully they do. The website (http://www.cop.ufl.edu/education/student-affairs/admissions/admission-requirements/) doesn't mention anything about private institutions so I am guessing it is fine. The school is accredited and all so I don't see why it wouldn't "count" as a pre-req. The reason I say this is because the they wouldn't have you finish every pre-req again after completing a BIO major in the private institution. That wouldn't be logical. I think they are just putting down the codes for public institutions because they share the same codes.

FWIW, I think you are right. 🙂
 
Straight from the pre-pharm advisor at UF:

Thank you for your email and inquiring about it in advance.* It will not be an issue that the course #'s do not match.* You just need to make sure that you have completed a full anatomy with the corresponding lab and a full physiology with the lab OR have completed the combined sequence which would be anatomy & physiology I with lab and anatomy & physiology II with lab.