Question for anyone using Kaplan lecture notes for Step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Groove

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, can any of you that have the actual books, take a close look at the cover and pages and tell me whether they look like photocopies? I recently purchased a set off ebay and I'm 99% certain they are counterfeit and copies, unless Kaplan is producing much lower quality books than they were using last year for Step 1. If you could even post a picture, that would be even better. The pages look like they were photocopied in that the toner is faded in spots and the orientation of the page is altered or off kilter in certain areas. There's also a big 2007 logo on the top right hand of the book and from pictures I have seen of authentic versions, this logo is not supposed to be there. Anybody have any idea? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

yes there are counterfeits on ebay. They should have told u it was a copy. Its cheaper than photocopyin it yourself but i hope u didnt pay good money for it.

Yup, they sound pretty fake to me.
But the important thing is that if you can read and learn from those books then it doesn't matter whether they are real or not.
I bought third-hand Kaplan Lecture Notes (05-06 Edition) off eBay but haven't really used them.
I guess it depends on how much time you have and how much prep you've done during MS3, but I'm just planning to go with FA + B&W + UW + Qbank. I just look up the Lecture Notes occasionally when Qbank explanations refer to them. And to my knowledge, there doesn't seem to be hardly any difference between the various editions in the last three years (the page references they give in Qbank match up to my 2-3 year-old edition).