Question for anyone who has visited this board in previous years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datfocus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took my DAT a few weeks ago, and I was very happy with my scores (24 AA, 23TS). I'm still very comfortable with the score that I received, but I do have a question for members of this forum who have been here through past years' DATs. Do the majority of people that post their scores and breakdowns on here have high DAT scores (24+ AA/TS)? A lot of people have commented on the prevalence of fairly high AA and TS scores in the breakdowns that have been posted here within the past few weeks. At first, I was a little worried that this year's DAT had simply been an easier test, and that my scores were good but possibly just slightly above average. However, after thinking about it more, I think it makes sense that members of this forum are more likely to post their scores if they received high ones.

Again, I'm very happy with my scores and with this community, which takes the time to post very helpful breakdowns almost every day. I simply want to ask some of the longtime users of this board if they have noticed this trend before, or if this year's scores seem unusually high.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it seems quite high the past few months but maybe that's just me. That being said, a 24 AA should still be ~99th percentile... Trust me you're way more than "slightly above average." Don't make me ask for the evidence ;)

I took my DAT a few weeks ago, and I was very happy with my scores (24 AA, 23TS). I'm still very comfortable with the score that I received, but I do have a question for members of this forum who have been here through past years' DATs. Do the majority of people that post their scores and breakdowns on here have high DAT scores (24+ AA/TS)? A lot of people have commented on the prevalence of fairly high AA and TS scores in the breakdowns that have been posted here within the past few weeks. At first, I was a little worried that this year's DAT had simply been an easier test, and that my scores were good but possibly just slightly above average. However, after thinking about it more, I think it makes sense that members of this forum are more likely to post their scores if they received high ones.

Again, I'm very happy with my scores and with this community, which takes the time to post very helpful breakdowns almost every day. I simply want to ask some of the longtime users of this board if they have noticed this trend before, or if this year's scores seem unusually high.

Thanks!
Often students who take the DAT in August have spent the summer studying. The longer a student studies generally means a higher DAT score. Students who rush to take the test because they are lead to believe if they do no apply early they will not get into dental school often score lower than their potential.

From years of experience I find students who put in more study time often score higher. I do agree students who score low are less likely to post scores and I get many pm's behind the scenes from students who ask about a retake because of low scores.

Moral of the story, never take the DAT exam until you are fully prepared and create your own personal study guide, not something created for the masses.

Just my 2 students.

Nancy

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Thanks!
Excellent AA and TS, hope you take time to give back by posting your score report and more detailed information.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user