Question for AZCOM students/potential students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emil Erickson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows about Arrowhead highlands on Behrend Dr.....how long does it take to get from there to the school? On a bike maybe??
Are their prices competitive with AZCOM's housing??
Maybe Yazzie,Kaydra, or another Azcom student has info on how nice they are compared to other apartments and whether or not any AZCOM students
even live there.
Any info would be appreciated.
EE

Members don't see this ad.

Emil,

I was a student at Midwestern University, but still currently living in the Arrowhead Highlands! To answer your questions:

1) Q: how long does it take to get from there to the school? On a bike maybe??

A: Walking, 3-5 minutes (it's right across the street, from apartment complex to campus)

Biking, 2-4 minutes (since you'll have to park and lock your bike)

2) Q: Are their prices competitive with AZCOM's housing??

A: I do not know the exact price for Midwestern University student housing, but I do know this. From what I heard, student housing is just as expensive as Arrowhead Highlands Luxury apartments and Sage Stone Luxury apartments, but without the amentities such as a pool, hot tub, etc. But I guess you do get free internet access at student housing.

Any more Qs, feel free to ask!

:cool:

EMIL!!

Arrowhead Highlands is a really nice apartment complex just to the west of the school. You could walk it in 2 minutes as it is literally right across the street.

Comparatively, the place is competitive though a little more expensive than some of the surrounding places. You pay for the fact that it has some great ammenities (pool with a beach, nice workout facilities, nice apartments, gated community, etc). Arrowhead runs starting $975 for a two bedroom. This can be considered less if you wrap some of the deal savings they work up for you.

On Campus housing was nice, and has the benefit of utilities and high spped internet access worked into the rent. Local apartments like the Isle, or Pavilions were nice, a little cheaper, but are farther away from campus. Sage Stone was also very nice and sits right next to Arrowhead Highlands.

All in all, Arrowhead Highlands was the nicest place that I saw out there, although others are CLOSE behind. Just depends on your taste and ultimately your financial status. Let me know if you need anything else.

Student housing's not a bad deal at AZCOM, but I also think you can find other great deals at nice, local apartment complexes in the area. Sage Stone apartments (next to Arrowhead Highlands) offered us 2 months free rent and another 1/2 month free rent for being a Midwestern student. Some apartment complexes offer great specials (free rent) and discounts (no move-in fees or reduced fees), so check out your options. Good luck!