Question for current ESIR residents/Independent IR applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MouseChair

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the ESIR selection process like at your program? What helps “set residents apart” for this role? Any experience you wish you had going into residency (from prelim year) that would’ve been helpful ?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the ESIR selection process like at your program? What helps “set residents apart” for this role? Any experience you wish you had going into residency (from prelim year) that would’ve been helpful ?
I would guess performance during IR rotations in residency is the most important criteria. Demonstarting interest in IR by going to conferences, doing research, being involved with the faculty somehow, etc is also prob important. Basically be good at the job you want and kissing ass, like most things in life. There's also a component of luck; some places won't fill all their ESIR spots, some places will have more people apply than what is available. In the class above me 1 person applied, in mine 4 people applied (still waiting the results)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users