Question for current NYU students...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alfie5884

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you recommend buying a laptop from the NYU computer store? Or buying it online? Would y'all recommend a Dell or IBM?

Also which PDA do they give out?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Jen :D

Members don't see this ad.

I would say buy the computer from elsewhere. With the deals on the net, stores etc youre almost certain to find a better deal. Also, you can get whatever you want and arent forced to choose b/w an IBM or Dell.

But if you have to buy it from the schoo, are lazy to research buying it elsewhere or whatever, id say go for an IBM. The Dells seemed to be plagued with problems here. Not to say that IBMs dont have their share of problems either.

The school gave the Tungsten E this year and I think its gonna be E2 next year. The one they give is more than enough but if you want extra features, buy your own.

Hope this helps.

I have to disagree with the poster above, you should most certainly take advantage of the NYU computer store and definitely get a Lenovo (IBM). You will not find a better deal online for the IBM. The school provides you with an excellent 3yr full coverage warranty including tech support. Price the same computer online with all that they offer and it will cost more. If you need more info PM me.

BW

alfie5884 said:
Do you recommend buying a laptop from the NYU computer store? Or buying it online? Would y'all recommend a Dell or IBM?

Also which PDA do they give out?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Jen :D

Man...you can't beat the deals that Dell is offering. You get much more for the money... I went with a Dell on Dell's website. I got an awesome machine for around $800...