Question for dental post-bacc, HELP!!!

Started by frogman2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

frogman2

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man.. I don't know where to start.

OK. I'm a undergrad student at UIUC and a major in MCB.
I am a senior right now and my GPA is only about 2.5.
I know that this GPA is FARFARFAR from being competitive.
That is why I was thinking of post bacc programs. I would have to first raise my GPA in order to get to post-bacc programs, which I think would take about three more semesters in undergrad.

Here are some main questions.
On the assumption that I get a high DAT score, would it be better to do SMP or post bacc?
Would a great three semesters of work give me some chance to get into some less-competitive post-bacc or SMP?


In the end would I have a chance to get into dental school even if I do get into post-bacc(or SMP) and do well? Is a 2.5 GPA impossible to overcome even if I have three more semesters to go?

well hope i'm not bothering you guys with obvious questions but I went through the forum and was not able to find perfect answers for my questions.

Good luck to all in pursuing the field of health care! 😀
 
You're probably better off posting this in the pre-dental forum... I'm not sure that many people in this particular forum know that much about dental admissions.