Question for DMU students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hightower

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will be going to DMU next fall and my wife is an RN. I was wondering if any of you have wives, husbands, girlfriends, friends, etc. that are RN's. If so I need some info about good places to work and what kind of shifts are available. Do the hospitals cater to your preference of shifts etc? We have a baby boy and so we are looking for specific shifts for my wife, most likely two shifts a week, or maybe two 6 hr shifts (6pm to 12am ish) and one 12 hr. or something like that. Ok I'm just babbling now, sorry, just want to be pointed in the right direction and hear your positive/negative feedback about RN jobs in the area. Thanks a million!

One other thing, what kind of wage would two years of RN experience get you in the area?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I will be going to DMU next fall and my wife is an RN. I was wondering if any of you have wives, husbands, girlfriends, friends, etc. that are RN's. If so I need some info about good places to work and what kind of shifts are available. Do the hospitals cater to your preference of shifts etc? We have a baby boy and so we are looking for specific shifts for my wife, most likely two shifts a week, or maybe two 6 hr shifts (6pm to 12am ish) and one 12 hr. or something like that. Ok I'm just babbling now, sorry, just want to be pointed in the right direction and hear your positive/negative feedback about RN jobs in the area. Thanks a million!

One other thing, what kind of wage would two years of RN experience get you in the area?

my wife is working towards nursing
i would recommend hospital nursing at mercy hospital or methodist
methodist pays better, although nurses in iowa get paid significantly less than surrounding states

also, if your wife works fulltime you can get a daycare loan through the school. We have one out for all three of our kids and can't imagine getting by without it.