Question for economically disadvantaged students.

Started by Hot Wheels
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hot Wheels

Leading The Way!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of you who were economically disadvantaged in undergrad, how did things change when you went to med school? How did you pay for food, rent, utilities, ect. I used loans and my GI Bill bennies to pay for UG. I was able to pay bills with my monthly housing allowance but my benefits will run out during the first semester of med school assuming I get in. I'm trying to figure out how I would pick up the slack without a part time job.
 
GradPLUS loans. The maximum you can take out is the "cost of attendance" which is based on tuition + living expenses, so you should be fine.