Question for ICO students

Started by nnadia
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nnadia

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I heard that you guys have a lot of short breaks, is it true? How it works? Also, do you have classes during the summer? Thanks.
 
Hello! I heard that you guys have a lot of short breaks, is it true? How it works? Also, do you have classes during the summer? Thanks.
 
I am not sure if I would say a LOT of short breaks, but yes, we are on a quarter system so we have ten weeks of class, a week of finals then a week off.
The summer between 1st and 2nd year does not have any class, but there is an elective you can take where you "volunteer" in a nearby optometry office 1-2 days a week to see how private practice works. We have class each of the other summers. We usually get at least 1 week off for Christmas and a few days for Thanksgiving.
I hope that helps.
 
I am not sure if I would say a LOT of short breaks, but yes, we are on a quarter system so we have ten weeks of class, a week of finals then a week off.
The summer between 1st and 2nd year does not have any class, but there is an elective you can take where you "volunteer" in a nearby optometry office 1-2 days a week to see how private practice works. We have class each of the other summers. We usually get at least 1 week off for Christmas and a few days for Thanksgiving.
I hope that helps.

I saw a handout in the ICO booklet the gave out during interviews about this summer elective course. Do you know if it is ALL summer long? Or just a couple of months?