Question for NHSC award winners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tozanzibarbymotorcar

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am contemplating whether I should apply for this program. Are there any award winners who could tell me what their grades were? Do you need to be at the top of your class?
 
I am contemplating whether I should apply for this program. Are there any award winners who could tell me what their grades were? Do you need to be at the top of your class?

I’d like to know as well. Any tips for a successful application?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did you have to go through any medical screening after/during the application process like the HPSP students go through?
 
did you have to go through any medical screening after/during the application process like the HPSP students go through?

No, there is no medical screening. NHSC scholarship works similar to a home construction loan. You have to periodically prove you are doing what you contracted to do (work at an underserved clinic) and that you spent your scholarship funds appropriately.