Question for NHSC award winners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tozanzibarbymotorcar

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am contemplating whether I should apply for this program. Are there any award winners who could tell me what their grades were? Do you need to be at the top of your class?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I am contemplating whether I should apply for this program. Are there any award winners who could tell me what their grades were? Do you need to be at the top of your class?

I’d like to know as well. Any tips for a successful application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was most definitely NOT at the top of my class, but still got an award. I don’t think that they cared about my grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless the application has changed significantly, grades have never been submitted with the application or considered in determination of scholars.

did you have to go through any medical screening after/during the application process like the HPSP students go through?

did you have to go through any medical screening after/during the application process like the HPSP students go through?

No, there is no medical screening. NHSC scholarship works similar to a home construction loan. You have to periodically prove you are doing what you contracted to do (work at an underserved clinic) and that you spent your scholarship funds appropriately.