Question for NY CUNY students!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mp5491

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for students that are in or have attended CUNY colleges in NYC, I'm currently at Hunter College. I wanted to know if e-permiting a class looks good or not for dental school apps. I have already taken one e-permit class at Baruch College. I want to e-permit another class (BIO 1) that I haven't done so well in and will not be offered next spring semester at my college. So now I want to take it at John Jay College.
Would it look bad if I take courses outside my home college, or does it not matter as long as I do well in the course?

Members don't see this ad.

Consider CUNY itself as a College and talk about it as One college, and how it offers opportunity to interested students of eparmit the ability to portal through different schools to have ideal schedule, and exposures to different environments.....

BE sure YOU are TAKING full TIME schedules.!!!!

if not then yea it looks bad

Reactions: 1 user
This is a question for students that are in or have attended CUNY colleges in NYC, I'm currently at Hunter College. I wanted to know if e-permiting a class looks good or not for dental school apps. I have already taken one e-permit class at Baruch College. I want to e-permit another class (BIO 1) that I haven't done so well in and will not be offered next spring semester at my college. So now I want to take it at John Jay College.
Would it look bad if I take courses outside my home college, or does it not matter as long as I do well in the course?

Did you get an F in it? Isn't there a policy where you can't retake an F at another school for cuny?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an F in it? Isn't there a policy where you can't retake an F at another school for cuny?
No, I got a D in the Bio 1 course. I arrived and 1 hour late to my final, but that's still no excuse. I think we can retake courses with D's in as e-permits or retakes.

I was told that if you take another class at a city (4 year) CUNY it's fine but it looks bad if you take it at a community (2 year) college because those classes are suppose to be easier. Therefore, yes John Jay is fine

Reactions: 1 user