Question for PCO Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CDN_twin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to know:

# of students who applied to PCO, # that received interviews, # that got acceptances (basically the interview:acceptance ratio)

Also, do you know the most recent class profile (with avg GPA, OAT, etc.)?

Is it possible to get an interview without Letters of Recommendation? If you interview without the letters, will they put your file on hold until they receive the letters or can they still make an admission decision after the interview? (ie. has anyone ever get accepted without all their letters being in)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am wondering the same thing with regards to OAT scores. Can you get an interview if that is the only thing lacking on your app and everything else is stellar or above average? I have yet to take the OAT but will apply to Pacific, SCCO and SCO and am considering other schools as well. any info on the subject with regards to the above 3 schools and/or others.

CDN_twin said:
Do you happen to know:

# of students who applied to PCO, # that received interviews, # that got acceptances (basically the interview:acceptance ratio)

Is it possible to get an interview without Letters of Recommendation? If you interview without the letters, will they put your file on hold until they receive the letters or can they still make an admission decision after the interview? (ie. has anyone ever get accepted without all their letters being in)

Thanks!

Hi,

I think I just threw out the Class profile of 2009..sorry..but I believe it was 768 applicants, 160 got accepted. Of course, they accepted a lot more than 160, but some people decided not to attend PCO. I would say they accepted around 250 total? And yes, you can get an interview without LOR, all you need are Good grades (or high OAT), if your grades are high, then u might be granted an interview without ur OAT too! I dont' think they accept you without all your letters. I do know that they can make a decision based on two letters instead of three, but eventually you'll have to submit your last one. Some ppl took up to a month after their interview to know their results; some ppl only took 1 week!

PM me if u have any more Q, hope I can help! =)

Katalio
Go Vancouver Canucks!

Members don't see this ad :)
CDN_twin said:
Do you happen to know:

Thanks!

Taken from "PCO Profile of Applicants - 2004 Entering Class
Total Number of Applicants - 630
Total Number Accepted - 277
Number in Entering Class - 156
Mean Semester Hours Completed - 140
91% of Entering Students had a 4 year degree
Mean GPA 3.22
Mean OAT Scores
BIO-330 CHEM-320 PHYSICS-300 ORG.CHEM-310 QUANTITATIVE-300 READING COMP-320
There is also some other information regarding average age, sex, and resident state, but the info above is the important stuff I imagine! I'm in the same boat as you it sounds like. I'm having a lot of trouble with my letters of recommendation, so I am considering just sending in the app now and getting the letters sent in as soon as I can. Best of Luck... :luck:

Send in your application as soon as you can, because your file gets started according to that. As long as your grades are decent, you can definitely get an interview without LOR or OAT scores. You might even get a decision without them, if your grades are REALLY good- you'll have to get them in eventually of course. Another possibility would be that you'd get an interview, then get the response that they wanted to wait and see your OAT scores or LOR. I work in the admissions office, so I've seen each happen. The earlier you get your application in, the earlier your file gets considered, and the less competition you have. Honestly, almost no one has bad LOR, so they don't matter much at all.

Pacific has told me that they won't grant interviews until your application is complete (meaning the LOR and/or OAT must be there). hmm...any thoughts?

I found my PCO 2005 Entering Class Profile, this morning. Hope this helps:

Total # of applicants: 781
Total # accepted: 286
Total # of entering students: 162

Applicants:
in state: 104
46 (entering students)
out of state: 677
116 (entering students)

# w/four year degree: 147
# w/out four year degree: 15
Mean Semester Hrs. completed: 132.85
Mean G.P.A.: 3.30 (4.0 scale)

Mean OAT Scores:
BIO: 320
CHEM: 320
PHYSICS: 300
ORG. CHEM: 320
QR: 300
RC: 320

Good luck to everyone trying to get in this year!!! :luck:

s4l said:
I found my PCO 2005 Entering Class Profile, this morning. Hope this helps:

Total # of applicants: 781
Total # accepted: 286
Total # of entering students: 162

Applicants:
in state: 104
46 (entering students)
out of state: 677
116 (entering students)

# w/four year degree: 147
# w/out four year degree: 15
Mean Semester Hrs. completed: 132.85
Mean G.P.A.: 3.30 (4.0 scale)

Mean OAT Scores:
BIO: 320
CHEM: 320
PHYSICS: 300
ORG. CHEM: 320
QR: 300
RC: 320

Good luck to everyone trying to get in this year!!! :luck:

Thanks! :D

Out of the 781 who applied, how many were invited for interview?

gsinccom said:
I am wondering the same thing with regards to OAT scores. Can you get an interview if that is the only thing lacking on your app and everything else is stellar or above average? I have yet to take the OAT but will apply to Pacific, SCCO and SCO and am considering other schools as well. any info on the subject with regards to the above 3 schools and/or others.

I was granted an interview at SCO before my OAT scores came back and my file was put on hold until my scores came in.