Question for PCO students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NSA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I was recently accepted to PCO. I was wondering if PCO is known for weeding out students. I've heard that some schools easily weed out students within the first couple of years, and I was just wondering about PCO!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

hey do you mind sharing your stats? I'm waiting to hear back after my interview...very nervous!! thanks

Hey! I was recently accepted to PCO. I was wondering if PCO is known for weeding out students. I've heard that some schools easily weed out students within the first couple of years, and I was just wondering about PCO!

Thanks!

I don't think it is any professional school's intention to "weed" people out. The curriculum will be rigorous and you will be expected to learn everything you are supposed to. They choose the people they think will succeed at the school, they don't accept a bunch in an attempt to weed out X% of those accepted. Would it make sense to purposely weed out 10-15 students - let's say from a class of 150 or so - when they would lose 28,000 dollars a year (x3) for those 10-15 students that they want to "weed" out? It doesn't make sense for any school to do that.

People will inevitably fail/drop out for various reasons, but what would it accomplish for a school who has 150 students per class to weed a certain percentage of them out? Wouldn't it make more sense to pick those people who you feel will be able to handle the academic rigors? Having a high weeding percentage would only look poorly upon the school...in that they can't recognize "potential for success".

I think the fewer people who drop out/fail out the better that reflects on the school. I think it is different at undergraduate institutions where they have thousands and thousands of students. Be prepared to work once you get here, nearly every one of your classmates will be.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey do you mind sharing your stats? I'm waiting to hear back after my interview...very nervous!! thanks

hey! i don't remember what I made exactly on each score for the OAT, but I think the total score was a 320 ish. My GPA is like a 3.3ish. I don't remember what my science GPA is, but I know it's lower than my average GPA.

I heard that nearly 85% of the students that get an interview get acccepted. Good luck!

Thanks!

Hi NSA... just wondering when u finalized ur app for pco, got ur interview, and heard back from PCO....also j/w, who interviewed you? i had dr. lewis.