Question for people that applied to many SMPs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SMPtoMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am just getting into doing all the apps for about 7-8 SMPs. I wanted to know if most of the schools accepted Interfolio for LORs. (i know someone will suggest just emailing or calling all the schools to find out, but I also wanna know how you guys turned in letters)

It might be the case where you didn't use Interfolio. If so, what do you prefer doing? I don't want to tell all my 5 LOR writers to send it to 7-8 schools. It might a little too much for some of the letter writers as they are super busy ppl. Just wondering if there is an easier way to satisfy everyone. :)

So how did everyone turn in their letters?

Thanks,
SMPtoMD

Members don't see this ad.

If the SMP admissions websites don't specifically say you can't use Interfolio, then use it.

Down the road, when you do AMCAS, there are MD schools that require you to use the AMCAS letter service. But not to fret: Interfolio can forward the letters you use for your SMP to AMCAS, for use in MD apps, this year, next year, whenever.

More to the point, if you can get your recommenders to focus on recommending you for med school, not just specifically for an SMP, that would be good.

Best of luck to you.

Great! As always, Dr. Midlife with her awesomeness! :D

Thanks Dr. Midlife, i have asked all of my recommenders to write the letters geared towards med schools.

Interfolio seems like a good choice. I just wanted to make sure before I pay the money. Thanks! :)