Question for ppl who've taken MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fullset

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you search for specific words on passages (Ctrl + F) on MCAT passages. I've been doing VR from books, and they have line numbers on VR passages. I searched for it, and found out that real MCAT doesn't have line numbers. Can you find words like you can with browsers?

Members don't see this ad.

Can you search for specific words on passages (Ctrl + F) on MCAT passages. I've been doing VR from books, and they have line numbers on VR passages. I searched for it, and found out that real MCAT doesn't have line numbers. Can you find words like you can with browsers?

OHH MAN. I WISH. It would be so much more user friendly, but the whole purpose is to be able to Read, Comprehend, Remember,and Recall. Therefore that function would make things too easy.

wait a minute are you guys serious? i thought the cbt had a search function, all the aamc cbt's have a search function at the top and ive been using it, if the real mcat doesnt have this, i need to stop doing this

Members don't see this ad :)
wait a minute are you guys serious? i thought the cbt had a search function, all the aamc cbt's have a search function at the top and ive been using it, if the real mcat doesnt have this, i need to stop doing this

Nope, no search function. But I don't recall a single question asking you to refer to back to line so and so anyway. There might have been questions on a word's meaning in the context that it was used but they were pretty major to understanding the passages so stuck out like sore thumbs anyway. I don't think you'll have trouble finding anything.

Yeah, what they said. Sorry. The AAMC practice tests have a few added features. I'm not sure why they do that. Here's what the AAMC website says:

What are the differences between the practice tests and the real MCAT tests?
There are some minor differences between the practice MCAT tests and the real MCAT. The following features can be used on the online practice MCAT tests but are not available on the real test: Search, Notes, Pause, Solutions, and Self-Diagnosis. Item Numbering differs as well. A description of these features is available in the online practice tests after the end of the tutorial, but before the start of the test questions.

How should I adjust the practice test settings in order to most closely replicate the real MCAT test?
For a test experience most similar to the real MCAT, select the following options:
Timing - On
Deliver the Questions - Sequential
Self Diagnosis - Off
Solutions - Do Not Show
Difficulty - All
Deliver the Following - Entire Test
You can change these settings to use the practice test as a study tool.

Wow...those bastrds don't want to make life any easier. I wonder if they feel guilty for making lives of millions of students miserable!

To be fair, if the test was "easier" it would just make a 1 point difference even more critical. We're still competing for the same number of slots no matter what the test is like. Just be happy they shortened the MCAT for us.