Question for practicing OBGYNs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jst

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
AFS, dkwyler94, Teufelhunden, and others,

Where I can I find state by state information on how much private practice obgyns are paying annually for their malpractice premiums.

All I know is that there are crisis states like Pennsylvania, D.C., and Nevada, where docs are quitting ob because premiums are so expensive.

I am planning on practicing in Tennessee when I get out. I heard the going rate a couple years ago was ~$60,000/yr. Would the best way be to simply ask practicing obgyns? Or is this info available somewhere on the ACOG website? Also, are premiums the same or higher for any of the obgyn subspecialties?

For the person going to Colorado, what is the going rate there? Which states or parts of the U.S. have the lowest malpractice premiums?

Members don't see this ad.

unfortunate no one has answered yet ... it is something I've tried looking up frequently, but end up getting nothing but links to insurance companies (that don't tell you the price) and lawyers.