question for predental + withdrawl vs C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zellyen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, my first question is regarding a class I am taking right now and not doing so well in.

So we only have one midterm and it came out that i got a C+ on it. I am thinking of dropping it for a W. This will be my very first W and i am applying next cycle. This is an VISUAL ARTS class, so my question is: will it have a big effect if i get a W here? I don't want to end up with a C+ in it b/c it will drop my overall GPA

my stats are
Overall GPA: 3.606
Science GPA: 3.471
DAT AA: 20
TS: 21
PAT: 24
RC: 17 (ugh?)

What are my chances and should i take the C or go for the W (as you can see, my GPA is on the 3.6 border)

Next, I have some questions about applications:
Can I apply and get interviews if I haven't finished all the required courses? say... only 1 psychology class left?

OR

Can I apply and get interviews if I finished all the required courses, however, I haven't finished ALL the courses needed for graduation from UCSD, can I still apply early and get early interviews?

Thanks guys
appreciate it

Members don't see this ad.

A few W's really doesn't matter at all. I had 5 or 6, and it never even came up once. So yes, drop it like it's hot if you think you'll be able to graduate on time still.

And yes, you can apply and get interviews without having completed all of the pre-reqs, you just must have them listed in your "to be completed" section on your application. And if you had a degree planned, you just have to have earned the degree by the time you start school.

would they ask me why i have one W during interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Take the W! Your cGPA will drop a lot! (I guess it depends on how many units you have already) Speaking from my experience, assume you are currently a junior (90-100 units) with 3.6 GPA and receive a C will bring your GPA to 3.5 at least. So, a W is way better than C. Like others have mentioned, it is unlikely for adcom to even ask you.