Question for PTCAS gpa calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JongMyungKim

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, everyone. I e-submited last week and try to get some idea of my GPA before PTCAS calculating my GPA.

I read how they calculate GPA, but just could not understand what they are saying.
I am appreciated if you could explain for me.
I went to school that they have plus minus letter grade.
For example, I received grade B, B minus, and B plus. According to PTCAS, "if your institution uses a plus/minus system with different numeric values, the PTCAS GPA will be different than your institutional GPA".

Could someone please help me to clarify this?
I see that these grades are 3.0, 2.7, and 3.3 respectively, but not sure I am following right on track. Am I right if I just multiply by the course credit? For example, am I right to (3.0 x 3.0credit course) + (2.7 x 3.0credit course) + (3.3 x 3.0 credit course)= total ?
 
Last edited: