Question for Retina Surgeons

Started by Bgladney
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bgladney

President - Physician Search Associates
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a quick question. Candidate I am working with has been proposed a contract. The practice is looking to seperate the Techinical Componet from the Professional Fees Collected. Is this a new normal? Never heard of it.
 
Some PE companies do this due to self referral rules . MD loses out in that case. Unusual for a regular private practice or hospital.
 
Some PE companies do this due to self referral rules . MD loses out in that case. Unusual for a regular private practice or hospital.
This. Stark laws. Applies to oct, IOL calcs, b scans and j codes I believe. As an employee I think they separated them for the purposes of calculating my bonus as well. That was a while back so have to dig into that.