TeethandGums

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status
Dentist
Does VCU offer activities for students outside of the classroom, I know they have M.O.M, but is there anything else, such as mission trips, social activities, etc........

denticus

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2007
Status
Dentist
Does VCU offer activities for students outside of the classroom, I know they have M.O.M, but is there anything else, such as mission trips, social activities, etc........
You will do tons of externships in poor communities your 3rd and 4th year. There is a Jamaica trip. There are also many random opportunities to serve in the community throughout the year such has habitat for humanity, ASDA service projects and research opportunities like seminar/poster presentations at conventions.

As far as social activities, it seems like our class gets together all the time outside of class. The SGA in my year are also constantly planning activities for our class. Plus, it's Virginia, so naturally there are so many things to do and sites to see. It's wonderful here.

TeethandGums

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2008
Status
Dentist
You will do tons of externships in poor communities your 3rd and 4th year. There is a Jamaica trip. There are also many random opportunities to serve in the community throughout the year such has habitat for humanity, ASDA service projects and research opportunities like seminar/poster presentations at conventions.

As far as social activities, it seems like our class gets together all the time outside of class. The SGA in my year are also constantly planning activities for our class. Plus, it's Virginia, so naturally there are so many things to do and sites to see. It's wonderful here.
Preciate the reply!

Lurchdubious

the Homeless Ninja
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2007
VA
Status
Dental Student

What he said. :D

About the Ads