MrSunny1

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello, I am looking to apply for the 2013 year by June. My question is specifically about the Letter of recommendations. So I will start with a little background and if anyone has a similar situation I would appreciate some knowledge drop..

Undergrad completed 2009 at which point I took a 2 year break than went back and did a postbacc which I am about to complete. So, how did you guys in this situation submit letters for amcas.
Is it neccessary to submit a committee letter to the AMCAS or can 3-4 individual letters just be submitted?
Committee letter from the new postbacc school? or do you go back and get a committee letter from the ugrad institute since i dont have one at this point?

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help:thumbup:

bkprodigy

Aug 12, 2009
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello, I am looking to apply for the 2013 year by June. My question is specifically about the Letter of recommendations. So I will start with a little background and if anyone has a similar situation I would appreciate some knowledge drop..

Undergrad completed 2009 at which point I took a 2 year break than went back and did a postbacc which I am about to complete. So, how did you guys in this situation submit letters for amcas.
Is it neccessary to submit a committee letter to the AMCAS or can 3-4 individual letters just be submitted?
Committee letter from the new postbacc school? or do you go back and get a committee letter from the ugrad institute since i dont have one at this point?

Thanks guys I really appreciate the help:thumbup:

If your undergrad has a pre-med committee, then you have to go back and get their committee letter, not from your postbac.

thlaxer

Passable Paperweight
Feb 20, 2011
NJ
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I did a formal two year post bac and had all my LORs sent to my post bac letter writing committee. Some people also used Interfolio, something you might want to look into.

From what I've heard (at least for 'career-changers' in formal post bac programs), you should get your committee letter from the post bac program, as it is where you did most of your science courses. I don't think that a committee letter from your ugrad would be too bad either, if they're willing to write a supportive one for you. A committee letter isn't necessary for acceptances though as people do get in without one. Some secondaries will ask for an explanation though if you choose not to get one.

MrSunny1

7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Thanks guys, well I dont want any flags for them to question me about so I will go ahead and do what I can to get a committee letter. I was not in a career changing postbacc just a gpa booster so I'm guessing it would probably be better to do it through the ugrad institute.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.