Question for TUCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guppy249

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just came back from a great interview at TUCOM-MI. If I get in, I would love to attend. I don't have a car, and I was wondering if it is possible to survive without one (is there any public transportation from the Island?) to get groceries and such.

Also, if you live in the dorms, how are they? Are pets (fish or hamsters) allowed?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

guppy249 said:
I just came back from a great interview at TUCOM-MI. If I get in, I would love to attend. I don't have a car, and I was wondering if it is possible to survive without one (is there any public transportation from the Island?) to get groceries and such.

Also, if you live in the dorms, how are they? Are pets (fish or hamsters) allowed?

Thanks!

Hey,

Not having a car is very tough in the Bay Area and on the Island. The public transportation is not ther greatest, outside of BART which at the moment does to go up that far north. Espicially when it comes time to rotations, having a car might be necessary. But congrats on a great interview. I will be there next fall too :)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
just buy a used motorcycle..freaking cheap..if you need some form of transportation..but cant afford a car...just be sure to not die ;)

guppy249 said:

Thanks!

You do not need a car for most parts of the Bay Area, but if you're going to live in Vallejo, you should DEFINITELY have one. Vallejo is not a particularly attractive part of the Bay Area, so you'll want to live from time to time to venture to other parts with more choice in movie theatres, concerts, restaurants, etc. and not having a car would hurt.

First of all, congrats on the interview and good luck! Apply for the dorms as soon as you hear, because space is extremely limited, especially with 2 pharmacy classes. If you don't live in the dorms, you can't live without a car. The school is about 3 miles deep into the island and you'll go crazy. Or get a roommate with a car and bother him.
I suppose you could take the ferry to/from SF and bike to school as a 3rd option...?

MasterShakeDO said:
First of all, congrats on the interview and good luck! Apply for the dorms as soon as you hear, because space is extremely limited, especially with 2 pharmacy classes. If you don't live in the dorms, you can't live without a car. The school is about 3 miles deep into the island and you'll go crazy. Or get a roommate with a car and bother him.
I suppose you could take the ferry to/from SF and bike to school as a 3rd option...?

OMG that would be savage, omgosh... lol. hahahahaha, I could only imagine how tiresome that would be after like 2 months. ferry adn then biking, allll baddddzzzzz

You mean we can't live in the wearhouses on the island? Oh, man! lol. Does anyone have recommendations of where to live if you have a family? Good luck everyone!