1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question for TUCOM students

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by guppy249, Nov 25, 2005.

1. guppy249

guppy249 Junior Member

I just came back from a great interview at TUCOM-MI. If I get in, I would love to attend. I don't have a car, and I was wondering if it is possible to survive without one (is there any public transportation from the Island?) to get groceries and such.

Also, if you live in the dorms, how are they? Are pets (fish or hamsters) allowed?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hmack

hmack Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]

Hey,

Not having a car is very tough in the Bay Area and on the Island. The public transportation is not ther greatest, outside of BART which at the moment does to go up that far north. Espicially when it comes time to rotations, having a car might be necessary. But congrats on a great interview. I will be there next fall too :)

Good luck!

4. guppy249

guppy249 Junior Member

5. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    just buy a used motorcycle..freaking cheap..if you need some form of transportation..but cant afford a car...just be sure to not die ;)

6. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You do not need a car for most parts of the Bay Area, but if you're going to live in Vallejo, you should DEFINITELY have one. Vallejo is not a particularly attractive part of the Bay Area, so you'll want to live from time to time to venture to other parts with more choice in movie theatres, concerts, restaurants, etc. and not having a car would hurt.

7. MasterShakeDO

MasterShakeDO The Drizzle
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    First of all, congrats on the interview and good luck! Apply for the dorms as soon as you hear, because space is extremely limited, especially with 2 pharmacy classes. If you don't live in the dorms, you can't live without a car. The school is about 3 miles deep into the island and you'll go crazy. Or get a roommate with a car and bother him.
    I suppose you could take the ferry to/from SF and bike to school as a 3rd option...?

8. manfood.com

manfood.com Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

OMG that would be savage, omgosh... lol. hahahahaha, I could only imagine how tiresome that would be after like 2 months. ferry adn then biking, allll baddddzzzzz

9. jschro21

jschro21 Stormin' Mormon!
    5+ Year Member

You mean we can't live in the wearhouses on the island? Oh, man! lol. Does anyone have recommendations of where to live if you have a family? Good luck everyone!