Question for UF students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trancelucent1

Gator Girl :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Pam and I've been a lurker for a while. Anyways, I just found out that I have been accepted to the University of Florida's Pharmacy School (my first choice...yay!). Anyways I was wondering, since I believe a few of you go there, what tips you could give for my first year. Luckily, I have my BS and I feel that some of the classes that I have taken will help me in Pharmacy school (Biochemistry, Micro, Cell Bio...). I'm just looking for any advice. Thanks!

~Pam

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Pam,

Congratuations!

What campus will you be attending? I'm in St. Pete.

They won't let you exempt biochem, so hold on to your old text book. It's not worth it buying the book that they recommend. Don't buy the book for med chem. They don't use it at all.

To exempt microbiology, you must have taken at a 4 year institution: Advanced Microbiology, Immunology & either Bateriology or Virology. They're strict about this. I tried to substitute Parasitology and they didn't go for it. So, if you have time during the summer and need one of those classes, I'd do it.

Get familiar with power point. We have to give lots of presentations.

You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

Originally posted by dgroulx
Hi Pam,

Congratuations!

What campus will you be attending?

Yeah, all of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be at the Gainesville campus. I'm very excited!!

~Pam

I bet you are. I know that Pharmacy school is not easy, but I really see the biggest hurdle right now is getting admitted to the program.

Congratulations again.

Pam,
I added you to the new pharm student list at the top of the page. Congrats! :hardy:

Way to go, Moobymaster!:clap: