question from a med student male interested in ob

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HotFratBoy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, this may sound like a random question... But for those of you straight males who are Ob-Gyns, does the profession effect your sex lives at all?
I'm being serious here...
 
I'm not a practicing OB so I can't say for sure, but I am a man going into OB and I wouldn't do it if I thought it would affect my sex life in any way.

Personally, I have found my sex life is very dependent on my kids (I have two toddlers) and how well they are behaving/sleeping. If my wife and I are both exhausted the frequency of sex naturally goes down. Being a 3rd year student didn't really affect me too much but I know residency will be busier. (4th year has been awesome by the way). The subject matter of the field doesn't bother me.
 
I'm a male resident in Ob x 2 years... my sex life has not changed a bit. Home business stays home business and work remains work 👍. To be honest, judging by my colleagues, I think it is more difficult to be a female in Ob field .. especially when it comes to a Gyn Onc rotation :scared:.