1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
What can I do to get my MCAT, DAT, or OAT score up? Ask in the Test Prep Week AMA threads.

Question from a Texas Pharm Applicant

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by TittlemansCrest, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:17 AM.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. TittlemansCrest

TittlemansCrest

Sep 12, 2017
    So I just graduated from TCU with a degree in biochemistry and wasn't really sure what I wanted to do for a living except that I wanted to work in healthcare in some capacity. That being the case, I didn't know I was going to pharmacy school and didn't take anatomy, physiology, or any business courses.

Anyway, I graduated with a 3.3 and scored in the 99th percentile on the PCAT. No pharm experience at the moment, but I have my Pharm Tech Trainee license and am applying for jobs right now. None of the Texas schools except one require the coursework I'm missing, but I was just wondering if anyone has an idea of whether or not out of state schools may be willing to waive a pre-req class or two with my PCAT score or grant financial aid if they don't require the classes I'm missing. Also any pointers on schools with reasonable out-of-state tuition would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly I don't really know anyone that's been through the process so any advice or comforting words would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. LoveWillSaveTheDay

LoveWillSaveTheDay

Apr 22, 2017
    Very very few schools if any will waive pre-reqs, even with a high pcat score. What they MIGHT do is accept you, but make you take those classes before you start. Emphasis on MIGHT, because A&P are the type of classes where many schools won't make an exception on. Now things like speech class, they'll waive if you have your degree. But all science pre-reqs and business classes must be completed before starting pharmacy school if it is listed on that schools requirement.

I know this because an admin told me I have to take Econ even though I have my degree.

4. howtobecool

howtobecool

Apr 12, 2016
    BTW, texas tech does not need A&P