question from the dat- chm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kevin512

:)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't study for the chm portion of the dat. I the took the 2006 released version of the dat and got a 19. I need some help with the following question:

54. At a constant temp when the following reactions involving gas are at equalibrium, which reaction shifts to the right if the pressure is increased?

a. 2H_2_ + O_2_ --> 2h2o
b. 2NO --> N_2_ + O_2_
C. 2CO_2_ --> 2CO + O_2_

I guessed it has something to do with entropy?

Also, how do you do number 57 (if anyone has the test)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Members don't see this ad.

A. 2H_2_ + O_2_ --> 2H2O
Maintaining equilibrium with an increase in pressure will shift towards the side with less moles of gas b/c that will occupy less volume.
B has no change in the number of moles, and C has an increase.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the whole test is crap, just a good energy booster!! Ppl should take it the last day before the test, it will give you a ready feeling, which is a must before the test. (Just dont depend too much on it as far as studying goes)!

I think the whole test is crap, just a good energy booster!! Ppl should take it the last day before the test, it will give you a ready feeling, which is a must before the test. (Just dont depend too much on it as far as studying goes)!

lol... moral booster.. :)